CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Chang..

My two weeks of holiday is ending already. Sad, sad la..Must go back and face the kids. Hopefully they don't come and start crying. The small ones always cry after coming back from long holidays. Can't blame them for crying cos holiday is so fun. I've learnt how to make 'bak chang' during my last two days of holiday. My family and I went back went back early Friday to help my grandma make the 'bak chang'. My aunt and my mum were busy making it while my sister, my brother and I went for a nap. Haha. We were tired since we had to wake up early to go back to my grandma's house. But my sister and I did help to make a few after we woke up la. It is very hard to make. Need to have certain technique of folding, holding, squishing and tying. My grandma likes all her things to look 'pretty'. So it's even harder. But at last I pass also. Haha. My aunt told us that they used to practice making 'bak chang' with sand first before they were allowed to use the real ingredients. Making everything is hard. But there's one thing that is easy. Eating the 'bak chang'. Haha. It's very easy and fast.




The ingredients



My 'bak chang'



Time to eat....

There's another 'chang' that my grandma made. It's called 'ki chang'. This is even harder to make compared to the 'bak chang' cos it's smaller and you can't put too much of glutinous rice inside. It needs to have space for it to 'expand'. So that makes it even harder to get the shape right. That's why I didn't make that. Too hard. Haha.



'Ki chang'

Well it's nice to learn how to make 'chang'. Quite fun actually. But of course the first time is hard. But everyone needs to learn and practice making it before they can actually make a 'perfect chang'. I'll have to wait until the next year before I get to try once more. Haha.

1 comments:

AJ7 said...

Interesting post...nice pics.